Complaints we investigate

The Judicial Commission accepts complaints about the conduct (behaviour) and capacity of the following officers:

  • a judge of the Supreme Court or the County Court
  • a magistrate of the Magistrates’ Court or Children's Court
  • a coroner of the Coroners Court
  • a VCAT member
  • a judicial registrar of the Supreme Court, the County Court, the Magistrates’ Court, the Children’s Court or the Coroners Court

Common complaints we receive but can't investigate

What you want to complain about

Who you should complain to

Administration actions of state government agencies and councils Victorian Ombudsman (External link)
Banks and financial services Australian Financial Complaints Authority (External link)
Council operations and breaches of the Local Government Act 1989 Local Government Inspectorate (External link)
Court or tribunal decisions  Please consult the relevant court or tribunal.
Disability services Disability Services Commissioner (External link)

Goods and services, consumer protections

Consumer Affairs Victoria (External link)

Health services

Mental Health Complaints Commissioner (External link)

Health Complaints Commissioner (External link)

Energy and water bills

Energy and Water Ombudsman (External link)

Legal services Legal Services Commissioner (External link)

Public transport

Public Transport Ombudsman (External link)

Privacy concerns Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (External link)
State and Federal Police

The Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission (External link) (IBAC)

Victoria Police's Professional Standards Command (External link)

Telephone and internet services Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (External link)  
Traffic fines (including speeding tickets, red lights and tolls)

Request an internal review from State Government of Victoria (External link)

VicRoads complaint reporting (External link)

Tolling Customer Ombudsman (External link)

Workers' compensation

Accident Compensation Conciliation Service (External link)

Workplace discrimination and human rights issues

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission (External link)

Workplace bullying and conditions of employment

Fair Work Commission (External link)

Workplace safety

WorkSafe Victoria (External link)


Support Services

If you are in immediate danger, call 000 (External link) for Police and Ambulance help.


Family violence or sexual assault

Women’s Legal Service Victoria

Centre Against Sexual Assault

1800 Respect

Kids Help Line


Housing assistance

Launch Housing

Aboriginal Housing Victoria

Frontyard Youth Services


Mental health services

Mental Health Complaints Commissioner

Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council

Independent Mental Health Advocacy

Head to Health

If you want to find services or help


Legal support

Victoria Legal Aid

National Association of Community Legal Centres

Self-Represented Litigant Coordinator (Supreme Court)

Justice Connect